Oh soo shiny!

Random experiments with foil, different adhesives and mediums. A post originally for Pyssloteket, you can find the original here (in Swedish).

null

Therese_180417_7689.jpg

Therese_220417_7928.jpg

null

null

null

Ordered birthday card

A friend of mine asked me to make her a birthday card for a friend and here’s what she got!

image

I used paper from first edition paper pads, I’ll ┬áhave to look up the names later on. The pink paper is sprayed with mists, pink and pearl. The stamp is from Kenny K and was colored with promarkers, flexmarkers and stickles.

image

A diaper cake

A colleague of mine got a baby a few months ago so I made her a little present for the new born baby boy from us at work. It is a diaper cake made from diapers and a few other useful items such as baby wipes and a toy. I’m a bit late with posting this, it’s been a busy autumn.

image
One package of diapers!

image

image

Some cellophane, ribbon and a card.

image

Not much more needed for this awesome gift! Come on peeps, make me more babies so I get to give more of these away!

Another butterfly picture

I actually made this one quite some time ago after a visit at my local IKEA store. I fell in love with the OLUNDA picture but I thought it was too expensive to be that doable plus I wanted a black frame instead. So I ended up with a black RIBBA frame instead (and some other stuff of course).
At home I googled for images of butterflies to use as templates for my new project. I arranged them and drew lines around their edges, printed it and cut them out on a white piece of paper.


I didn’t cut them out completely, just around the wings but left them connected to the body.

And finally I arranged the cut outs with some nice colored paper on the back in the frame.

Super simple and very nice! I’m not sure I would do another one in the near future… my hands are soar from all the cutting

Theme 12: Rainbow

So I took some time and finished a project I’ve been preparing for for a few weeks. Finding somewhere to purchase crayola crayons is harder than you think so I ended up with another brand. Anyway, I stumbled upon this website and fell in love, I wanted to make one myself immediately! And here goes!

A few things needed: canvas, crayons, hot glue and a heating gun.

It’s a good start to figure out in which order you want the crayons/colors, I like rainbowish.

Start gluing the crayons on the canvas, be careful not to melt the crayons with the heat. I found it best to put the glue on the canvas and place the crayon on it instead.

And this is what it looks like all glued to the canvas. Time to use the heating gun!

I started melting the crayons on the tips but I think I should have started further up or maybe used another set of crayons to melt and keep these for looks. It does look good with the tips there but it’s a little late for regrets now. Adjust the angle of the canvas after how long lines you want. The wax cools down quite fast but it’s possible to heat it up again if the lines are too short.

I’m quite satisfied with how it came out anyway, might be better next time tho!

All done! Now I just have to figure out how to put it on the wall, but that’s another story.

Theme 114: Cartoon

The first theme in the challenge is finished and it’s been in my mind for a few years now. I ordered the frames last year and painted them with a black glossy color and after that they’ve just been lying around waiting for me to find a proper background. Today I decided to finally finish the pictures and use different background colors for each figure. No more thinking and pondering, just doing!

I bought the figures at Disney World in Florida over ten years ago and for a few years they were used as decoration on my school bag (Pooh actually belongs to my brother and he used it as a bag decoration too) so they are a bit worn but it’s quite charming!

So, to get started I went through my scrapbooking papers and tried to find the best color. I recently ordered a big pack of plain papers in 20 different colors, very useful!
I found the papers, cut them to fit the frames and mounted them.

I cut out the back sides on the figures since they were bulging out and making it harder to mount them on the papers.

I used my glue gun and mounted the figures on the paper, had to add hangers to the frames as well but after that they were done!

And finally hanging on the wall!