The first theme in the challenge is finished and it’s been in my mind for a few years now. I ordered the frames last year and painted them with a black glossy color and after that they’ve just been lying around waiting for me to find a proper background. Today I decided to finally finish the pictures and use different background colors for each figure. No more thinking and pondering, just doing!
I bought the figures at Disney World in Florida over ten years ago and for a few years they were used as decoration on my school bag (Pooh actually belongs to my brother and he used it as a bag decoration too) so they are a bit worn but it’s quite charming!
So, to get started I went through my scrapbooking papers and tried to find the best color. I recently ordered a big pack of plain papers in 20 different colors, very useful!
I found the papers, cut them to fit the frames and mounted them.
I cut out the back sides on the figures since they were bulging out and making it harder to mount them on the papers.
I used my glue gun and mounted the figures on the paper, had to add hangers to the frames as well but after that they were done!
And finally hanging on the wall!
I just found another set of 100 Themes, right here at DeviantART. Some interesting themes there that might be easier to work with, I just might mix them all up or replace some of the themes in the first list. I have to think about it, some themes in the first list are quite hard to work with unless you can draw or maybe use photography. We will see! I might even end up going for 200 themes ;)
Veronica showed me this 100 themes challenge and told me she is going to draw the 100 themes. I’ve been thinking about this challenge and I think I’m going to give it a try. I won’t even try to draw them all, maybe a few, but I was thinking about making it a huge creative project instead using all my creativity and crafting skills. Might go for some photography, sketching, sewing, paper craft, jewelery making and whatever else I can come up with. I suppose it will take some time to complete it but that’s OK, it will be fun and challenging along the way!
I haven’t decided if I’m going to follow them by numbers or just pick a random theme I feel like working with, I guess it will be random but we will see. I have a few ideas for some of them already! I’m looking forward to this project, give me weekend and crafting club Saturday now!
Some inspiration from DeviantART, if you like art, check out The 100 Themes Challenge gallery.
My cousin got a daugther in August last year and a few weeks before Christmas they had a naming ceremony for her. Her name is Emilia and I decided to buy a necklace and make a nice card for her.
I wanted to make something girly, I had a feeling her parents would appreciate it so I digged up all the pink paper I could find and decided to go for some flowers and stripes.
I used my scallop lace border punch on the flower paper and printed her name in a neat font since I can’t write. I drew some shadow on the letters, added two diamonds and a few flowers. And I almost forgot to make a hole for the necklace so I just cut a plain and simple circle in the middle of the card and made sure the backside would fit somewhat.
I am quite pleased with the card, I guess I will look at it one day and think it’s horrible and ugly but Emilia’s parents liked it and I’m happy with that!
Can’t say the pictures show the colors in their full brightness but you get a hint at least!
The inside says ”On your naming day from Therese”.