So I took some time and finished a project I’ve been preparing for for a few weeks. Finding somewhere to purchase crayola crayons is harder than you think so I ended up with another brand. Anyway, I stumbled upon this website and fell in love, I wanted to make one myself immediately! And here goes!
A few things needed: canvas, crayons, hot glue and a heating gun.
It’s a good start to figure out in which order you want the crayons/colors, I like rainbowish.
Start gluing the crayons on the canvas, be careful not to melt the crayons with the heat. I found it best to put the glue on the canvas and place the crayon on it instead.
And this is what it looks like all glued to the canvas. Time to use the heating gun!
I started melting the crayons on the tips but I think I should have started further up or maybe used another set of crayons to melt and keep these for looks. It does look good with the tips there but it’s a little late for regrets now. Adjust the angle of the canvas after how long lines you want. The wax cools down quite fast but it’s possible to heat it up again if the lines are too short.
I’m quite satisfied with how it came out anyway, might be better next time tho!
All done! Now I just have to figure out how to put it on the wall, but that’s another story.
Tried to make some cards this weekend and it didn’t go too well. The work went slow and I’m not very satisfied with the results. Two cards left half finished and one very simple and maybe boring card for the LIM week 22 challenge. Oh well, at least it’s relaxing to craft.
The card feels sad so it became a ”miss you”-card. The picture is from Norrland and I do miss being there. The challenge was to create a card using shades of blue. Here’s my entry:
I’ve almost forgotten about my 123 themes challenge. Luckily this one fits perfect for the Water theme!
I’ve had a super awesome idea in my head for a while now and this weekend I decided to make it real. I started with purchasing white sneakers (cheap ones in case I’d fail). These ones are from skopunkten.
The second step was to do some sketching for what to draw on the shoes. I also ordered pens for coloring on textile.
And for the fun part!
I started with some light sketching on the shoes using a pencil. Be careful not to make to hard lines.. it’s not easy to remove them afterwards.
And then, time to put some color to it! I was a bit too eager to color and didn’t let the areas dry before adding a second color right next to it, this causes the color to bleed so be careful!
I must admit that I am very satisfied with the result, I wish I had this idea a few years ago, I feel too old to wear shoes with cartoons on them.
A card for my new born cousin. There’s something about the card I don’t like but I’m not sure what yet. The stamp is colored with aquarelle pencils, a technique I fell in love with.
I’ve always loved my ”color books” I had when I was a kid. I used crayons, pencils, felt-tipped pens and water color. Basically whatever I had lying around. I’ve never really used aquarelle pencils before, except for one time in school I barely remember. The only thing I think could beat aquarelle at this point is copic markers. Veronica showed me a few youtube videos and they look amazing. Amazing and quite expensive. I think I’ll stick to aquarelle for a while.
Anyway, here’s the card for my new cousin. I don’t know his name yet, but I’ll keep calling him Theresius until it’s decided ;)
My thought was to make some sort of ”Welcome to the world” card but then this idea/sketch got stuck in my head. The card says ”Congratulations, it’s another boy”.
I think I’ll make a second baby card for the introduction/beginnings theme later on unless I get another, better idea!
The first theme in the challenge is finished and it’s been in my mind for a few years now. I ordered the frames last year and painted them with a black glossy color and after that they’ve just been lying around waiting for me to find a proper background. Today I decided to finally finish the pictures and use different background colors for each figure. No more thinking and pondering, just doing!
I bought the figures at Disney World in Florida over ten years ago and for a few years they were used as decoration on my school bag (Pooh actually belongs to my brother and he used it as a bag decoration too) so they are a bit worn but it’s quite charming!
So, to get started I went through my scrapbooking papers and tried to find the best color. I recently ordered a big pack of plain papers in 20 different colors, very useful!
I found the papers, cut them to fit the frames and mounted them.
I cut out the back sides on the figures since they were bulging out and making it harder to mount them on the papers.
I used my glue gun and mounted the figures on the paper, had to add hangers to the frames as well but after that they were done!
And finally hanging on the wall!